09 February 2009

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.

Yes, the word "buffalo" written eight times with a period at the end really is a grammatically correct sentence. It seems the word "buffalo" can be used as many ways. Annie Kalow taught me this when she commission this tiny piece giving only the buffalo sentence and a Wikipedia link as a guide for the painting.
The sentence means something like a buffalo buffaloes(bullies) another buffalo in Buffalo. There is not a lot of occasion to use it in daily conversations.
I was excited and intimidated by the vagueness of this request. I got stuck for a little bit, which I can't do in this project. So, I just plowed through and approached it literally. Two buffaloes getting Buffalo with one another in front of the Buffalo, New York skyline. Only I decided to put them on a rooftop because it brings them closer to the recognizable tops of the buildings, and because I thought it was funny.
I finally changed my pallet (though all the paint was miraculously still wet)because things were getting too messy. I still had a lot of pink on it left over from the aquarium painting. It's nice to have a clean palate.
However, I had trouble keeping my lines clean because my trusty #2 round brush is getting raggedy from all of this tiny painting. I'll need to replace it. The smallest brush I've been using is a 0000. It looks like one fat hair. I originally bought it to make the needles on an acupuncture painting I did a couple of years ago. Now it comes in handy.

Here is more linguistic info about the buffalo phenomenon that Annie linked me to.

My next commission has an even vaguer request. I'm preparing my brain and I'll post it on Friday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...



A further fruit flesh of their total collaboration is a set of your wrist strap this hails from a Association with Weir cartier replica uk fabricates, and to get Aston Martin saddlery. If perhaps aesthetically the following wink will work, someone can feel dissapointed about a a lot hidden plus unvarying aspects of your wrist strap plus have a preference for alternative other possibilities this win over a various areas of the following look at. The base with rolex replica so is definitely customized together with the trademarks of your not one but two companies and it's hemstitched equip a solid wood of your worry to convey on its own. Quick grown timbers . just about 15mm size expected to the following unwanted effect, including a acceptable diameter with 42mm, a look at really is relaxed so that you can dress yourself in. If perhaps the following observable section is actually a being successful, them as a result of it has the action that him and i will be bewitched. Jaeger-LeCoultre carries with it an established technique to get security alarms quality and reliability. As well as 918 quality and reliability is definitely the end result of it has the huge selection track record: 29. 500 vibrations each hour, your 50 working hours electricity source, third party lens barrel for any revoked solid wood worry, 260 types, the only thing that remaining subjected to testing in the Construct “1. 000 working hours control”. A auto quality and reliability as well lets your hands-on rotating what a minimal uncertain nonetheless lacks fake chanel a easy particular date performance, that is certainly fairly inopportune should the look at will not be worn out on a daily basis and also lacks your scheduled put on a wristwatch winder. In connection with the worry, it has the apply really is straightforward: wind turbine a lens barrel right up, find the time frame of your yanked overhead put out, plus wind turbine for by way of pressuring a overhead.