08 July 2010

Goodbye Moldy Pallet... Hello New Paintings!

It's time to start fresh for a couple of tiny new paintings. I've taken about a month away from the Panda to work on some larger paintings in my Signals series, but now I am beginning two new commissions which will be variations on the same subject matter.They will be a two portraits of three friends. I'm excited to be starting this today!

As I've written before, I use a Sta Wet pallet to extend the time my paint stays usable.With it's strange spongy technology, the pallet makes my paint stay wet (or Sta Wet) for what appears to be an eternity. But there are drawbacks. The pallet surface feels suspiciously like damp Twinkies and the paint becomes furry after about 2 weeks. Then you have to either feed it or throw it away. This one I was was using while it was moldy... and it still worked fine... but it's gross.

For the last year and a half I've been studying which color molds first and certainly burnt umber always wins! This is followed by alizarin crimson and then ultramarine blue. Mars black hold strong to the end.


So here is my new pallet all set up and ready to go:
You can see the tiny boards prepared to the side of it. The size ratio between pallet and painting is ridiculous! But that's how I roll...

I'll post my progress very soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Each girl locates impressive to be able to louis vuitton replica acquire fantastic type components of all sorts, now it really is simple to acquire fashion designer shoes or boots on the web and also modify garments coming from out-of-date to be able to implausible prada replica right away. In the event you feel Orlando Louboutin are only regarding handful of abundant girls next take into account in which considered once more. Their particular position is the reason which includes distributed their particular charm all around the planet. A lot of the females devote significantly of their time fake rolex sale contemplating what things to acquire it really is concerning their particular shoes or boots. They will are necessary to ensure the particular shoes or boots not merely seem splendid nevertheless they since gucci replica uk properly choose their particular attire and also their particular persona. Females typically try on the particular shoes or boots inside the retailers to ensure the fake louis vuitton sale shoes or boots can suit and also keep relaxed, and also they wish to ensure the particular shoes or boots would certainly seem outstanding built in. Today we could obtain artist shoes or boots for women on the web without the problems and also without being dissatisfaction where by browsing the particular shopping malls hoping to get people deals cheaper and a lot outstanding stylish women’s boot.